My side of the story!

Friday, February 8, 2008

What to do, What to do.......

As Mommy's, I'm sure we have all been in that awquard situation with a friend where their children don't have to follow the same rules as your children do. AJ expects others to treat him the way he treats them. This is going to be a hard lesson. Life doesn't exactly work that way. I have made some great friends over the years but sometimes I'm affraid those friendships might end over the way they let their children behave. It is really hard to find good friends as adults. People that share common interests just isn't the priority anymore. I'm going to give you all a senario.

So normally when we have friends over, the rule is that we all share our toys, and ride our own bikes. That isn't always the case with others. When we get toys out, we have to share or else they will be put away. One day, a friend had out some toys and AJ went to pick one up and play with it. The friend got very upset. You would have thought his world was torn apart. The Mom took her son's side of course and said no, no, no that is his. I just told AJ to ask if he could play with it next time. They never "ask" to play with our toys. If we are all playing together, it is all fair game. What do I do in this situation? I don't feel like AJ should have to ask to play with it unless the other child is playing with it at the time. Am I wrong in thinking this way? Does life really have to be that difficult that understandings are misunderstood? Hhhhhhhhhh...........................................................

Just a note...My spell check isn't working and there were a few words I wasn't sure of. You don't have to correct me though.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Do people really correct you on your spelling!
I agree with you! Very hard lesson for both of you.
Feel good in teaching him the right way to play, and that sometimes people don't act the way they should, but we have to deal with that. He should be proud of himself though, that he isn't selfish like that.

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Us

My photo
Andy and I started dating in July of 1998, and got married in March of 2002. We have two boys ages 6 and 2, and a baby girl. It honestly is difficult being married and raising children, but we wouldn't change it for the world! It is a life worth living!