My side of the story!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

And Tango Makes Three.........

And Tango Makes Three is the name of a children's book that has caused much debate. I haven't read the book so I obviously don't have all the facts. I really try not to discuss topics that I don't know everything about, but I saw this on the View and it really got a rise out of me. What I do know is, the book is about two male penguins that are very friendly, build a nest together to share, and are given an egg to raise because there are too many eggs for the other penguins to care for. You know as well as I do where this story is going. The debate is over whether or not it is suitable for kids and at what age. Same sex marriage is sinful. I am not going to judge any person for what they choose because I am a sinner just the same as they are. But in our family, we repent. We also try to remove temptation when we see it. The Bible clearly says that women were made for men. I would be O.K. with A.J. hearing this type of story when I feel he is mature enough and I am able to talk to him about it. I think under the age of eight is to young. Anytime before they have been educated about sex is too young. The story might not talk about sex, but it sure will get them thinking and asking questions. I plan on reading this book next month so I can better make a decision on this. In the meantime, My school age child that will be attending public school could get mis-informed, and I guess I will address those issues as they come.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Us

My photo
Andy and I started dating in July of 1998, and got married in March of 2002. We have two boys ages 6 and 2, and a baby girl. It honestly is difficult being married and raising children, but we wouldn't change it for the world! It is a life worth living!