My side of the story!

Monday, February 11, 2008

A lift of your spirit


I want to start by conffessing that I have recently felt like my Spirit has been broken. I am not sure why. I thought it could be that I am still coping with the loss of a dream I once had, and this pregnancy has brought these feelings up again. I haven't really been able to put my finger on it. Over this last week I have found strength in talking to friends, listening to Worship music, and dwelling on God's word. I ran across a scripture that really opened my eyes.

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
IICorinthians 4:17 & 18

I find relief in knowing that my troubles are achieving my glory, but what really speaks to me is that my troubles are momentary. Of course I already knew this but the confirmation really feels good! I encourage you to read chapters 4 and 5 because there really is a lot more to this.
God bless you and may your spirit be renewed!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Us

My photo
Andy and I started dating in July of 1998, and got married in March of 2002. We have two boys ages 6 and 2, and a baby girl. It honestly is difficult being married and raising children, but we wouldn't change it for the world! It is a life worth living!