My side of the story!

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Kimbell Art Museum

I took the boys to the Art museum yesterday which actually was pleasantly surprising. Ben obviously could have cared less but A.J. and I share a passion for paint and sculpture that I have not shared with anyone so close to me before. As you can imagine , I was very excited that he showed any interest. There are currently no exhibits but their permanent collection is always nice. We saw the ancient paintings portraying the story of Jesus and Lazarus. A sculpture of John the Baptist was something I would like to go back and take the time to look at. I think A.J.'s favorite was a painting of Don Pedro. He was very curious as to why Don Pedro looked so angry. We spent a lot of time looking at a painting of a pirate and damsel. A.J. had a lot of questions about that one. The frame was just as beautiful as the piece. In November they will have an exhibit called "Picturing the Bible" which I'm excited about. I might go back to see that one alone!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Us

My photo
Andy and I started dating in July of 1998, and got married in March of 2002. We have two boys ages 6 and 2, and a baby girl. It honestly is difficult being married and raising children, but we wouldn't change it for the world! It is a life worth living!