My side of the story!

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fall Festival

Oh My Goodness! I cant believe I forgot my camera. I should have that thing glued to my eyeball. O.K. so I can believe it. This has been happening to me frequently.

The Fall Festival was so much fun! A.J. went into several bounce houses, rock climbed, jumped on a bungee trampoline, hit a few baseballs in the batting cage and got a ton of candy. The batting cage experience was so cute! He had no idea what he was doing, but he did make contact! Ben just observed most of the time, and danced to the live music.

On the way home my five year old asked a very random question. "Mommy, is Santa magic?" he asked, "because I didn't hear those jingling bells last time. Do you remember? It was so quiet, he didn't make any noise." My heart sank. We haven't ever made a deal out of Santa. Never really discussed it. My family always asks him on Christmas morning though "did Santa come to your house?". He might have said yes or not really answered. I don't remember. (I think that is my way of avoiding it.) But this time I know we need to address it. My temporary reaction was to say,"You know, I didn't hear anything either. Do you think he is magic?"(Thanks to my friend Katherine for that suggestion!) I wasn't satisfied, but he was. There are all these Christmas movies and people in our lives that make Santa real. I don't want to be deceitful by sliding the questions that he asks, or by lying to him about it. I have no problem with being honest with my children. The problem that I can see arising is with the friends and cousins that hear him tell the adults" Santa died a long time ago. WHY CAN'T ANYONE PUT HIM TO REST?" O.K. j/j. I don't think he would ruin it for the other kids on purpose. I think all the people who hound him with questions will ruin it because they aren't seeking an honest answer, which is what they might get.(In front of all the other children.) My kids will know the story of Santa . And I believe Christmas will be just as, or even more special than, it is for anyone else. We will be going to Ill. for Christmas this year and I pray it goes smoothly as far as this topic is concerned. So for any family who reads this blog, BE ADVISED! WARNING! Just kidding. A.J. will know that some children believe that Santa exists today and to not spoil the fun for them. Trust me , he can be secretive.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Us

My photo
Andy and I started dating in July of 1998, and got married in March of 2002. We have two boys ages 6 and 2, and a baby girl. It honestly is difficult being married and raising children, but we wouldn't change it for the world! It is a life worth living!