My side of the story!

Friday, July 18, 2008

___pressed

Fill in the blank. Sorry my blogging has lacked emotion recently. I decided I could fill you in on why. I don't typically share my relationship stress but, eh, why not. Being married is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much work. It involves sharing intimate moments, even when you don't feel like it ( no complaints ), agreeing on the best way to raise our children, or not, privacy invasion, trusting each other even when you aren't really sure that you should, crying, laughing, putting up with bad habits, selfishness, selflessness, beer, online gaming, and on and on and on. O.k. some of the things I just listed are my own flaws. They don't all belong to Andy. The best part is, just when I think the whole thing is falling apart and slipping away, I realize that if something should happen to my beloved husband I would never find anyone comparable. Then I pray. Then comes more work. And then, a breakthrough. Andy and I have been together for the last ten years just this week. If you had asked me 10 years ago what I thought our relationship would be like by now I would have probably said We would have it all worked out and running it smooth. It isn't all worked out. And from what I hear it won't ever be ALL worked out. We will spend the rest of our lives together becoming one. I am so excited about that. That I get to live and feel loved, by another human. That I have someone to share my life with, who loves me. And not just someone, but Andy. So the reason my posts have lacked emotion is because I have been pouring it all into my marriage. With my current pregnant state, once our bickering, disagreeing, agreeing, and make up session is over, I am drained. Whatever is left in the reserve tank is given to my children. And that is all. Here's to TEN....

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Us

My photo
Andy and I started dating in July of 1998, and got married in March of 2002. We have two boys ages 6 and 2, and a baby girl. It honestly is difficult being married and raising children, but we wouldn't change it for the world! It is a life worth living!