My side of the story!

Monday, July 21, 2008

Claiming "Big Boy" status




Yesterday was a very unusual day in our household. First, my little Benny-pie woke up at 7:30. Then he played in his bed during his 3 hr nap time. Happily, I might add. Finally, at 7:15 I put Ben in his bed and it made him mad!! Normally he would play for anywhere from 1-2 hrs and then go to sleep. This time, he was so angry and I couldn't figure out why, until I could hear his crying getting closer and closer to the kitchen table. He decided his bed was not good enough for him and climbed out of it 4 times in a five minute period. He was so upset that I picked him up and rocked him for a few. I made up some song and he then wanted A.J.'s bed. Reaching for it! So I put him in it. I hope that was not a mistake. He laid there and listened to me sing and then climbed down to get the cup of water he angrily threw from his crib, and then climbed back up. That was it. I left the room and he stayed there awake for a good 5-10 minutes, and the next time I checked on him he was fast asleep. I think he just decided it was time to be a big boy. He even refused his crib after I took off the outside rail. To him, it was still a crib. Andy is picking up the bunk beds the second weekend of Aug. so until then, A.J. might be stuck in a muck.

1 comment:

kathy b. said...

He is a big boy. And from the photos & blog....AJ just lost his bed. Ooops! Wish I could crawl up there and take a nap with him...he is just tooooo adorable.

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Us

My photo
Andy and I started dating in July of 1998, and got married in March of 2002. We have two boys ages 6 and 2, and a baby girl. It honestly is difficult being married and raising children, but we wouldn't change it for the world! It is a life worth living!