My side of the story!

Monday, August 18, 2008

Not good at sharing......

As an adult I'm sure most people would think that I have learned this task but over time I have realized that I am not very good at sharing. How can I expect my children to learn this if I don't like to do it. Do I really want them to share? I guess most things yes.

For instance, we did our school supplies shopping which I was actually excited about. I have always enjoyed buying new school supplies for as long as I remember. I now understand why my parents disliked it so much. It can be fun until you get down to the details. The list asked for a 48 count of construction paper times 6. The packages come in 40 count. So do you buy an extra package and why does each student need so much paper anyway. You can't convince me that my 5 year old is going to use all of that paper. The spiral notebook that they ask for is supposed to be 70 pages. Well we found 60 and 80. Go figure. They ask for 3 school glues and three glue sticks. You have to be kidding me. Come to find out all these supplies are shared. What if my kid wants the specials and another kid doesn't get them. Like the glitter glue or the action figure scissors with the spinning head. Do these specials go into the community box and he gets them if he gets lucky? That isn't fair. Are we conforming to private school where every kid has to have the same and look the same to avoid conflict? Anyway, back to not sharing. Here is a list of things I don't like to share.

My food
My drinks
Friends- I get jealous :/
Bed space
Bath stuff
Makeup
My husband's time

Some things I don't mind sharing- in small quantities.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

I am so glad you shared this with everyone....now they can understand why it was so hard growing up with you!!! LOL j/k *muah*

kathy b. said...

baby girl, baby girl, baby girl....I have to agree with the construction paper....thats 288 sheets of paper (are there that many school days in the school year, approx 1 sheet per day...makes you think hummmmmm), action figure scissors??? go with the cheap stuff honey...save the best for b-days and xmas! And is it fair????? Remember, fair is where you go to pet the pigs!!! But, I must agree w/you on the bed space! And to address your sisters comment about growing up w/you....I point out the condition of her bedroom and desk (o.k. everything about her) compared to your neat, tidy space...I do recall you giving up the big bedroom so she could have more space for her STUFF (that she had haning out of every drawer)! We know the real truth, don't we? Smoochies.

Robyn said...

haha LOL!!! That's cute!

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Us

My photo
Andy and I started dating in July of 1998, and got married in March of 2002. We have two boys ages 6 and 2, and a baby girl. It honestly is difficult being married and raising children, but we wouldn't change it for the world! It is a life worth living!