My side of the story!

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Gobble Gobble!

Holy cow, I cant believe Thanksgiving is in 5 days! And then only four weeks till Christmas! O.K. one thing at a time! I tend to get excited this time of year. Let's see. What am I thankful for this year? There are always the things I'm thankful for all the time like friends and family, good health and a little bit of red wine. I would have to say most recently I am thankful for electricity. Confession time! Andy and I had a little mis-communication (that's what I'm calling it) and our electric bill didn't get paid. So the electrician came and turned off our power. I knew it when it happened so I quickly met him in our front yard. I asked if there was anything I could do to get him to turn it back on before he left and he said I needed to call our provider. He was so cold and emotionless. I guess you have to be in that line of work. So I embarrassingly hurried back into my house to call TXU for I was running out of daylight. At 5:45 pm, I had 15 min before we were covered with darkness. The bland, dry character on the other end of the phone said it would be a $90.00 reconnection fee for same day reconnection. Made me wonder what tomorrow's rate was, so I asked. Yes, $10.00! So we made a fun night out of it. We had a fire in the fire place, candles lit everywhere, and we took our showers that night so we would have hot ones. I had thawed out a smoked sausage already so we threw it in our cast iron skillet with some olive oil, sliced potatoes, bell pepper and onion, and cooked it on the grill. It was wonderful! We all stayed warm that night,thank God, and the boys and I went to IHOP for breakfast the next morning. We were all good and the power was back on by 4:30 that afternoon. After the Breakfast and reconnection fee we saved $70.00! I have to tell you, I didn't realize having electricity makes life so much easier!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Well...good for you! I'm impressed by the way you took your lemons and made lemonade! I have been in the same spot with the electric bill. You're right--the guy who turns it off is very emotionless and blah. He probably gets chased to his truck by 20+ housewives every day! Ha! I don't know if I would've had the good attitude y'all did--to just make dinner on the grill and light candles! You are a great wife and mom.

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Us

My photo
Andy and I started dating in July of 1998, and got married in March of 2002. We have two boys ages 6 and 2, and a baby girl. It honestly is difficult being married and raising children, but we wouldn't change it for the world! It is a life worth living!