My side of the story!

Friday, May 2, 2008

UGGGGGH!!


22 weeks - +10 lb.s


I went to the Dr. wed. and got some not so good news. I want to back up and tell you again how this works. 4 cm or more is a good measurement. 3-4 is o.k. 2-3 cm is a very grey area and anything less than two needs a cerclage. The first measurement was 3 cm. My second measurement was 3.4 cm so I had good news. Yesterday's measurement was 2.4 :( within a matter of three weeks I dropped a whole cm. I have to get measured again in two weeks, on my birthday, and if it is less than two they will operate. The Dr. acts like it is no big deal but then they say things like, no traveling, High risk, Take it easy, incompetent cervix, keep your eyes open for any additional mucus, pinkish discharge, pre-labor symptoms and if you have any of this or anything abnormal we really need you to let us know. So, the researcher in me gets on the Internet to find out all I can about this operation and my symptoms. It isn't ever a good idea to do that when you have something like this.




I have moved Ben's changing pad to the floor, put away his high chair and gave him a seat at the small table, and taught him how to climb into his car seat. ( I don't want to risk lifting him ) Maybe by taking it easy I will reduce the risk of an operation that we really can't afford.




So, I have to say goodbye to the Destin trip. Really to any trip at all until we figure this out. And a lot of other things I planned on doing before little Micah gets here. Oh, and I think we have a middle name picked out but we aren't telling anyone until its on the birth certificate. We got a couple people trying to talk us out of the name Micah, which we love, and if they don't like that name, they're really not going to like the middle name. Maybe this will help them keep their disappointment to themselves. Or not?

1 comment:

Katherine said...

We will be praying for you & baby Micah. BY the way, I LOVE the name Micah, especially for a girl. People should keep their mouths shut when they start to spout their opinions about baby names. If they have anything other than, "That's a wonderful name!" to say, they should swallow their words. We did not tell anyone Luke's name until after he was born--and I would probably do the exact same thing next time. (Well...we didn't know Luke's name until about a week or 2 before he was born, so that helped a little with that problem!) Anyway, take good care of yourself, stay off your feet, make AJ fetch stuff for you, and follow your doctor's advice. :) Love & miss you!

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Us

My photo
Andy and I started dating in July of 1998, and got married in March of 2002. We have two boys ages 6 and 2, and a baby girl. It honestly is difficult being married and raising children, but we wouldn't change it for the world! It is a life worth living!