My side of the story!

Thursday, April 3, 2008

It's a girl!!!!!!!!!

I can't even believe it! First let me tell you that we were not supposed to find out for a few more weeks. I went to the Dr. yesterday for a normal check up and explained that I had been experiencing some pressure down below at certain times. The fact that I have only gained 1 pound in 6 weeks and the pressure I have been feeling made her nervous and she decided to do an internal. My cervix has thinned out already and is shortening. She sent me over to perinatal to get a measurement of my cervix through trans vaginal ultrasound. My cervix measured at 3 cm which is a little short. They said 4 cm would be good and anything less is worrisome. The Dr. at perinatal said there is really nothing to worry about. He wants to check it again next week for any changes and it may be necessary to sew my cervix closed to hold the pregnancy in. It really sounds worse than it actually is. Through the whole process, finding out we are having a little girl was very shocking. The Lord has been speaking to me through this whole pregnancy and I am not worried about anything. My whole world is about to change. Wish us luck and pray for the knowledge and tools for us to raise this daughter of God in his name.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

WOW how EXCITING!!! You are going to have someone to go shopping with...to do scrapbooks and creative stuff with when she's older...someone to put bows on...(will you put bows on her?)
After two rambunctious, spirited boys, she will be a breath of fresh air...and hopefully you can teach her to hold her own! :) Love you! We'll be praying for the health of your pregnancy.

Robyn said...

You just make sure the little sister doesn't get picked on as much as I did!!

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Us

My photo
Andy and I started dating in July of 1998, and got married in March of 2002. We have two boys ages 6 and 2, and a baby girl. It honestly is difficult being married and raising children, but we wouldn't change it for the world! It is a life worth living!