My side of the story!

Friday, October 24, 2008

Selfish??

So I just read a blog about a wonderful mom, who after six weeks of pumping milk for her baby, decided to quit. I think She might have felt a little bad about her choice but regardless, it was HER choice to make and I hope she is confident in herself. Anyway it got me thinking, about my reasons for nursing. Obviously I believe that breast is best and it seems so much easier than cleaning bottles and warming milk. If I really think about my reasons for not quiting though, I always come back to my own gain. I loose my pregnancy weight faster from all the extra calories I burn. It is also so convenient. No matter where I go I always have milk right there ready to go. It is less expensive as well. I am not spending extra money on all that over priced formula. And if I did switch, I would want to use bottled water because our tap is nasty. Nursing keeps me conscious of the foods I put into my body. "Keep the caffeine to a minimum, get plenty of vegetables and fruits." And "oh, I can eat this chocolate cake because I will burn it of anyway." Of course there is always the size and mass of my breasts while they are full of milk. I'm sure my husband appreciates them. And did I mention the lack of a menstrual cycle? Wow, What a break! I'm sure there are some things I have not mentioned, but this seems so beneficial to me. Is that selfish? If it is, I'm sorry baby.

1 comment:

Amanda Brown said...

Funny, I tried to leave a comment on this post last week but I guess it didn't go through.
I just wanted to say good for you finding a way to feed your baby that works so well for your whole family. Glad you enjoy it. :)

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Us

My photo
Andy and I started dating in July of 1998, and got married in March of 2002. We have two boys ages 6 and 2, and a baby girl. It honestly is difficult being married and raising children, but we wouldn't change it for the world! It is a life worth living!