My side of the story!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"Mommy?Mommy?Mommy?Mommy?..........."

As much as I love hearing this, I am that busy. Sorry, too busy for pictures, blogging, reading, anything fun and relaxing. I use my "Me Time" these days to find things. At some point in finding my way on my own with three kids, I lost control of any organization that I might have done pre-baby. A.J. insists on repeating my name over and over and over until I actually look at him and give him my full, undivided attention. Regularly, he just wants to know where something is. He doesn't believe I am listening until we make eye contact. Which is true. He totally got this from me. I always make him look at me so that I know he is listening. Great skills, really! The problem is nobody else gets it. Most adults just think he is being irritating or stutters a bit. That is when I get defensive for my children and feel that the world needs an explanation so not to be irritated with us. Why do I do that. Should I really not care? Anyway back on topic.
I spent so much time preparing for the arrival of our new addition and the post pardum state only to give it all up while re-learning how to nurse an infant, making sure that I showered every other day (at least) and getting my feet back on the ground. Now, I get to re-do all that organizing and obsessive cleaning. It is amazing how dirty and dusty my house got in just a few weeks!! Once I am finished, I can get Micah's nursery done. Then I can post pictures. Then I can blog and read and have fun and relax!

1 comment:

kathy b. said...

Give yourself time...you also had house guests for 3-4 weeks, new school schedule, anxiety w/BenniePie cause big brother is no longer there during the day to help keep him occupied, and a new baby schedule. Do you really have any "ME TIME" with all that (if you consider 3am-4am in the mornings, maybe!) And the organization, I don't have all your schedules and I still can't find charles' stuff for him! (you know I keep my things put away and organized....him on the other hand...that is a lesson in futality and patients). Not to hurry you, but do love seeing the pics...keep sharing and keep your dobber up. Smoochies

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Us

My photo
Andy and I started dating in July of 1998, and got married in March of 2002. We have two boys ages 6 and 2, and a baby girl. It honestly is difficult being married and raising children, but we wouldn't change it for the world! It is a life worth living!