My side of the story!

Thursday, November 20, 2008

what is Ben up to?

This is what I get for letting him try to be a big boy. Why is it that he likes to wipe his hands in his hair? Can't he use his shirt or pants like normal kids? Better yet, ask for a napkin? And then he likes to see how far he can fling sticky, sugary, cereal milk across the kitchen. Oh, spankings?
Sure, I give him spankings. Usually a swat on the hand will do it, but if he is in one of his selfish moods.......forget it! No kind of non-abusive punishment will have any effect on him. A lot of times I find that I have to be there to direct him. Sure, that is my job. But what if I am not available? For instance, I was nursing Micah on the couch sitting next to him, and talking to my sister on the phone while he watched Baby Einstein-My first Signs, and ate some goldfish, when he decided to take a drink of water and spit it onto my shoe! If that isn't a cry for attention? After that, I put Micah down for her nap and went to unload groceries from the car. My first trip back inside, he had already went to the dishwasher, got out a bowl, poured his crackers in it and threw away his trash. Too bad the dishwasher was dirty!
Then there are moments like these.....
I sure do love that boy!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Us

My photo
Andy and I started dating in July of 1998, and got married in March of 2002. We have two boys ages 6 and 2, and a baby girl. It honestly is difficult being married and raising children, but we wouldn't change it for the world! It is a life worth living!