My side of the story!

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter

I woke the kids up around 8 am so we could do our egg hunt and Easter
treats before Church. G-pa joined us this morning and for lunch after church. I always take those colored eggs and make deviled eggs out of them. Or egg salad sandwiches. Ben did not want his picture taken so this was the best I got.
After all the festivities I was exhausted!!. I plopped down on the couch and watched the kids play out back. There was such a nice breeze and I got that sleepy feeling. I sometimes think I could possibly be borderline narcoleptic. In a matter of seconds I find myself nodding off during the most non-nap time moments. So to keep myself entertained, I tried taking some self portraits. After all, I'm always the one behind the camera. My profile pic is some 2 years old? Anyway, the most depressing thing happened Saturday. I went shopping for Easter attire. It was so, aweful. I use to love shopping for clothes. After that day and thumbing through the self portraits, I have been hard on myself. I can tell I'm aging, duh, and it isn't pretty from the side I am on. I know, Motherhood, x 3, self neglect, gravity, and the fact that nursing is draining all the life out of my skin and hair! please keep your comments to yourself. I really am working this out with God. In the grand scheme of things, I really am looking to captivate him, right!

3 comments:

kathy b. said...

Egg salad sandwiches...deviled eggs...wonder where you got that from?????? Sounds like you remember your Easter's as a kid! We could always count on your mom for the deviled eggs at Easter dinner, and she did make a mean egg salad sandwich. (alot of them I might add!) As for age, we all feel old(er) at times and naps are a welcome thing as you get older, interesting how age changes us! You're still a beautiful girl...smoochies to you. A. kathy

Robyn said...

I just love that pic! Those kids sure are getting big!

Kiki said...

I remember having to eat those colored eggs. The only thing I remember about Easter is the egg hunts, stealing bites of chocolate bunny out of the fridge, and shopping for a new dress.

Powered By Blogger

Followers

About Us

My photo
Andy and I started dating in July of 1998, and got married in March of 2002. We have two boys ages 6 and 2, and a baby girl. It honestly is difficult being married and raising children, but we wouldn't change it for the world! It is a life worth living!